As a dermatologist, Catherine Verburgh sees all kinds of people, young and old, with various types of skin conditions.
'The great thing about my profession is that I can work very directly and to the point with people, diagnose and interpret their skin disease and discuss treatment options with them. The patient and I make a decision about the treatment together. Often I can diagnose at a glance and sometimes it is a challenging puzzle. I can perform many treatments immediately and diagnostics can often be used immediately during the consultation. The combination of speed in diagnosing and treating and otherwise correct guidance and coaching is stimulating for me in this profession. In addition, I really like that I can work manually; oncologically accurate in surgical procedures with attention to the aesthetic side as well.'
• Mohs's micrographic surgery
Areas of Focus
• Pediatric dermatology
• Atopic eczema
• Member of the NVDV (Dutch scientific association)
• Member of the European academy of dermatology and venereology (European wv)
• Member of the AAD (American wv)
• Member of the ESMS (European society for Micrographic surgery)