The specialty of internal medicine is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the internal organs of adult patients. You can contact us for all conditions in the field of internal medicine. We can provide you with good service, especially in the field of diabetes and HIV care. There is an HIV consultant and a diabetes nurse.
When do you go to the internal medicine outpatient clinic?
You can contact us with the following complaints and questions:
- Gastrointestinal and abdominal complaints, liver disorders
- Complaints of kidneys and urinary tract
- Complaints of fatigue, fever or general malaise
- All infectious diseases, including HIV, tropical diseases, hepatitis B and C infections
- Bone loss (osteoporosis)
- Thyroid disorders
- Anemia and other blood disorders
- All other internal medical conditions
The Department of Internal Medicine has a:
- osteoporosis clinic – People over the age of 50 who have had a bone fracture are more likely to have another bone fracture. The Osteoporosis Outpatient Center at Jan van Goyen Medical Center is focused on research and treatment of osteoporosis (bone loss).
- HIV and hepatitis treatment center – The department is part of the HIV treatment center Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis in Amsterdam designated by the ministry. However, the treatment is carried out by an independent HIV treatment team in a small-scale setting in the Jan van Goyen Medical Center. Patients with an HIV infection with and without symptoms can always receive treatment at short notice. Urgent referrals via the general practitioner can be honored by us on the same day after telephone notification. Patients who believe that they cannot wait long and who have contacted us themselves can also make an appointment at short notice.
- Metabolic Poli:
1071 NX Amsterdam