The specialty of internal medicine is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the internal organs of adult patients. You can contact us for all disorders in the field of internal medicine. We can provide you with good service, especially in the field of diabetes and HIV care. There is an HIV consultant, a diabetes nurse and a dietician.
When do you go to the internal medicine outpatient clinic?
You can contact us with the following complaints and questions:
- Gastrointestinal and abdominal complaints, liver disorders
- Complaints of kidneys and urinary tract
- Complaints of fatigue, fever or general malaise
- All infectious diseases, including HIV, tropical diseases, hepatitis B and C infections
- Anemia and other blood disorders
- All other internal medical conditions
The Department of Internal Medicine has a:
- HIV and hepatitis treatment center – The department is part of the HIV treatment center Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis in Amsterdam designated by the ministry. However, the treatment is carried out by an independent HIV treatment team in a small-scale setting in the Jan van Goyen Medical Center. Patients with an HIV infection with and without symptoms can always receive treatment at short notice. Urgent referrals via the general practitioner can be honored by us on the same day after telephone notification. Patients who believe that they cannot wait long and who have contacted us themselves can also make an appointment at short notice.
- Metabolic Poli:
1071 NX Amsterdam
Call us for an appointment T: 020 – 3055 895
We request that you fill in the information below and we will contact you as soon as possible. To make an appointment you need a recent referral letter from your GP.