What are you taking with you?
- Valid ID
- Up-to-date medication overview (free via your own pharmacy)
- Possibly a referral letter
To comply with national regulations and provide safe care, you must always show us a valid identity document (ID, driver's license or passport).
For your and our safety, we have taken extra measures during this corona time. Read more about this at: www.jvg.nl/coronameasures.
Tips for a good preparation
- Write down in advance what you want to ask or tell.
- Provide all information about your health. Explain what your complaints are.
- Please read the information you receive from us carefully and follow instructions and advice as closely as possible.
- You can make audio recordings of the conversation with your healthcare provider, for example with your telephone, so that you can listen to the conversation again later. Please indicate this to your healthcare provider before the interview.
- Don't forget to bring your ID for yourself or your child. We are not allowed to provide care without identification.
Dare to ask
- Tell me if you don't understand something. You have the right to clear information.
- Do you need extra time to decide on an examination or treatment? Usually that is not a problem. Then tell your doctor or therapist.
- Do you find it difficult to make a choice? Then consult your doctor or a trusted person in your area.
- Before you go home, think about whether everything is clear to you, for example:
– when will I receive the results?
– which medicines should I take?
– how often and for how long?
Three good questions
These three questions can help you talk to your doctor or practitioner and make choices about your treatment:
1.What are the possible treatments?
2. What are the pros and cons of those options?
3.What does that mean in my situation?
- Always make sure your healthcare provider knows what medications you are taking. Bring an up-to-date medication overview with you to your appointment.
- Notify your healthcare provider of any changes to medications.
- Do you use (herbal) medicines without a prescription, such as ibuprofen or St John's wort? Let us know.
- Do you suffer from side effects or allergies to medicines? Please let us know.
- Ask questions if medicines look different than you are used to.
- Are you on any new medications? Be well informed about use and possible side effects.