Our department for infectious diseases is part of the HIV treatment centre of the OLVG hospital in Amsterdam, which was appointed as such by the ministry. The treatment, however, is performed by an independent HIV treatment team in a small-scale setting at the Medical Centre Jan van Goyen.
Patients with an HIV infection, with or without symptoms, can always come to us for treatment at short notice. Urgent referrals via the GP can be arranged on the same day after a phone call. Patients who believe they cannot wait long for an appointment and who contact us themselves can also come to us at very short notice.
HIV TREATMENT CENTRE
- Rapid HIV test: anonymous
- State of affairs at the HIV outpatient clinic
- HIV infection treatment
- HIV and sexuality
- Stigmatization of patients with HIV: the taboo of the infection
- PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis)/sex accident
- HIV and getting older
- AIN screening
- Collaboration between MC Jan van Goyen and other organizations for people with HIV