When do you visit the internal medicine clinic?
You can come to us with the following complaints or questions on:
- Gastrointestinal and abdominal complaints, liver diseases
- Complaints relating to the kidneys and urinary tract
- Complaints about fatigue, fever, or a general feeling of malaise
- All infection diseases, including HIV, tropical diseases, hepatitis B and C infections
- Hormonal disturbances and illnesses such as thyroid diseases and diabetes mellitus
- Anaemia and other blood diseases
- Thyroid gland complaints
- All other diseases related to internal medicine
FAST AND ANONYMOUS THE RAPID HIV TEST
The HIV treatment centre offers an anonymous rapid HIV test on Mondays and Tuesdays. The HIV treatment team at Medical Centre Jan van Goyen started this initiative to stimulate people who run the risk of contracting HIV to have themselves tested. The test takes 20 minutes and you will get the result right away. People in the high-risk group can also come in for a free vaccination against hepatitis B. The rapid HIV test clinic is open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:30 to 16:00 hours. The test costs €25.- and must be paid in cash. For appointments, you can contact the Internal Medicine desk: 020 – 305 662 2494 (during office hours from 09:00 to 16:30 hours).
The internal medicine department includes:
- HIV and hepatitis treatment centre – The department is part of the treatment centre of the OLVG hospital in Amsterdam, which was appointed as such by the ministry. The treatment, however, is performed by an independent HIV treatment team in a small-scale setting at the Medical Centre Jan van Goyen. Patients with an HIV infection, with or without symptoms, can always come to us for treatment at short notice. Urgent referrals via the GP can be arranged on the same day after a phone call. Patients who believe they cannot wait long for an appointment and who contact us themselves can also come to us at very short notice.
- Metabolic clinic:
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
- Dyslipidemia (increased cholesterol)
- Obesity (overweight)
- Diabetes mellitus, or diabetes, in short, is a chronic metabolic ...
- 350 million people worldwide are infected with the hepatitis B ...
- Hepatitis C is an infection of the liver that is ...
- We speak of hypertension, high blood pressure, when 3 to ...
- Dyslipidemia is a collective name for a wide range of ...
- Our department for infectious diseases is part of the HIV ...
U kunt van maandag t/m vrijdag tussen 8.30 en 17.00 uur bellen voor een afspraak of mailen naar de poli interne geneeskunde. U heeft wel een verwijzing van uw huisarts nodig. U kunt ook op maandagavond van 17.30 tot 19.30 uur terecht op de poli interne geneeskunde. Buiten kantooruren (alleen voor spoed) wordt de telefoon doorgeschakeld naar de diensttelefoon van de dienstdoende internist. Locatie Emmastraat T: 020 – 3055 895 E: firstname.lastname@example.org